Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Choice is Yours!

It's been 2 months (close to) since I last ride my mountain bike. I'm kind of lazy & busy with other stuff. Yet, I can still do other thing & stay fit (like sleeeeepingggg...zzzzz). For me, mountain biking is something I enjoy but not what I'm looking for.



By the way, I have no intention to sell both my bike nor to quit mountain biking. So friends, if you're looking for cheap bargain, please find elsewhere! Whatever happened, one will never ride his/her "expensive" mountain bike to the mosque! Do you? Most probably, both my bike will be left in the store collecting dust :)

Personally, I have a plan to do a short ride on Monday during Mawlid Rasul holiday. But some say it's not the right thing to do.

Talk about Mawlid Rasul, actually I was born on Jum’a, 26 Zul-Qi'dah 1393 Hijra but my birthday was on 21st December 1973. Does it sound funny? I never celebrate my birthday anyway, nor do my wife & kids. Our prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was born on 12 Rabi' al-awwal and this year Muslims will celebrate his birthday on 9th March. The funny thing is, our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never celebrate his birthday nor do his sahaba, but we are. At least Muslims do follow the Hijra to celebrate their Prophet’s (PBUH) birthday, but not us. Are we following Hijra only for Hari Raya? The choice is yours.

Link:
Mawlid & the Legality of Mawlid

2 comments:

Burung said...

Minat jugak ngn activiti ni, Ada group ke kat Puchong ? Mana boleh dapat barang untuk starting lvl ?

Alimuddin Shahid said...

Boleh cuba luang sedikit masa di sini: http://republicofpuchong.blogspot.com/