Thursday, December 11, 2008

Taman Mas - Banting Revisited

The route was the same like our last trip here, from Taman Mas headed to Kg Lombong, then straight to Tg Rabok (Batu 12 Dalam, Banting, Kuala Langat) before turning back for a total of 24km in distance. There were 13 of us that day.



We were about 8km into the journey when something really funny happened. And guess why are they smiling in this photo, below? Are they trying to being cute and sweet? Not really. Actually, they were celebrating the puncture of my Heng Shin (macam hancing pun ada) rear tire! Hahaha… you heard me right, really, they were looking for something (“bahan”) to laugh about.



We were continuing our journey (after a short break) when it’s happened. My rear suddenly popped and went flat. Quick inspection shows there was a piece of bamboo (about 5” in length) pinning through my rear tire from top to sidewall! What the heck? Instead of simply changing my inner tube, I had to patch my “tire” at the same time (have you guys ever done that? Tampal tayar?). I’m a bit worried because there was a hole on top side of my tire and we were only few kilometers into the journey. Another 16km ride will complete everything.


The damage! Photo courtesy of Haitsan


Tampal tayar? Photo courtesy of Haitsan

Now look at what they did as a tribute to my Heng Shin. They carried their bikes for the reason of “takut pancit”? Hampeh la... This section has now been declared as “Kawasan Panas”. Anyway, for me this was one of the funniest moments in my mountain biking history.



As soon as everything was settled, we headed forward towards Tg Rabok (Kampung Orang Asli) before proceeding to a short bumpy descent section where one can pump their bike and do some drops along the way. This section was pretty fun with lots of small drop and bump, and don’t forget ruts! And it’s quite slippery at some part.


Photo courtesy of Haitsan


Photo courtesy of Haitsan

All in all, we were quite happy that day. The ride was fun and weather was good, gloomy along the way. It was a good trip to remember.

More stories and photos here:
http://haitsanspmholder.blogspot.com/2008/12/jejak-lembu-korban-tg-rabok.html
http://republicofpuchong.blogspot.com/2008/12/jejak-lembu-korban.html

3 comments:

Taufik said...

Mungkin suatu hari nanti kita boleh berbasikal bersama group kami...
Visit our group: http://www.kayuh.co.cc/

Alimuddin Shahid said...

Boleh saja... kami pernah selain Taman Cabaran, ride di Wetland Putrajaya - easyride 20km flat doubletrack sekitar paya/tasik... layan je

Zawi said...

Pak Adib,
That ride is really fun. Unfortunately I have given away my mountain bike to my son in law in Labuan. So just city bikes for me.